This was the first seat of the ex-collegiate church, built on the site of the oldest mosque in the area. In 1529 the building work of this Gothic church began. An earthquake destroyed it in 1531 but in the same year its reconstruction was commissioned. It was rebuilt by Alonso de Covarrubias and Rodrigo de Gibaia in Renaissance style. It is made up of three naves with vaulted ceilings. The tower, damaged years later by another earthquake, was rebuilt again in the 18th century.