This neoclassical church was built by the architect Francisco Aguado in 1781. It is built in the shape of a Greek cross, with a large dome over the trancept and short horizontal aisles.
Outside, a triangular pediment presides over the façade with a bell tower placed on either side. The semi-circular windows at the front and on the sides of the building light up the inside.
Inside there is an interesting picture depicting the Adoration of the Shepherds, by Juan Melgarejo, dating back to 1703. There is also a painting of the patron saint of Alomartes, Our Lady of Sorrows. This had to be restored after it was damaged during the Civil War.