This is a building with a Renaissance entrance surrounded by beautiful gardens and orchards. Luis Fernández de Córdoba, the Chief Lieutenant of Granada, had it built in 1530.
The Mannerist façade, the courtyard, the gothic elements and the carved ceilings in the interior, are some of the architectural highlights of the palace. The ceilings here are some of the finest examples of Mudejar style in the whole of the city.
This palace has changed owners and location many times throughout its history. Built between 1530 and 1592 in the Placeta de las Descalzas, it was moved to the Cuesta del Chapiz in 1960, its present-day site.
In 1983 it was acquired by the city hall to house its archives.