This is a Renaissance church dating back to the 16th century. It was built in Mudejar style on the site of a former mosque in the Albaicín quarter. Next to one of the side doors is a 13th-century cistern, partly built from re-used Roman columns and able to hold about 90 cubic metres of water.
The building is a typical example of an Andalusian Mudejar church, especially of those found in Granada, which often have exquisitely carved ceilings. This church is rectangular in shape and is made up of a single nave, side chapels between buttresses, a chancel and a tower.
The altarpiece by Blas Moreno dates back to 1753 and is an interesting example of the late Baroque style.