This high performance sports centre (CAR) in the Sierra Nevada belongs to the Spanish government’s Department of Sport. It is situated at an altitude of 2320 metres, a perfect location for training elite sportsmen and women.
- Athletics installations and equipment
- Multipurpose hall
- Medical centre
- Weight rooms
- Wooden floored training space
- 50m indoor swimming pool with six diving blocks
- Football pitch (artificial grass)
- 400m running track with 8 starting blocks
The Sierra Nevada training centre also provides accommodation for athletes. It has a total of 89 rooms (mostly double rooms) with free Internet, a café, a games room, dining room, three lecture rooms, and satellite TV room.