This house was built after the Reconquista of Granada and belonged to the Pisa family. The house became historically important when the Pisa family took in St. John of God when he was very ill. He died in 1550 in one of rooms of the house.
The Hospitaller Order of St. John of God acquired the building in the 19th century. It was made into a museum and into the archives of the Order and now contains more than four hundred years of the history of the Order.