Guájar Faragüit

Tourist information

This is the most important of the three towns in the municipality of Los Guájares, as it is where the local council is located. It is situated above Guájar Fondón and below Guájar Alto. Its name means ‘hidden garden’ in Arabic.

Near the centre, on the top of a hill, there are the remains of a fortified settlement, called El Castillejo, which is still well preserved. It was probably built between the late 13th and early 14th centuries during the Almohad rule.

SEARCH BY GEOLOCATION

Information about the Municipality

Region: Alpujarra and Valle de Lecrín
Municipio: Los Guájares
Postcode: 18615
Web: www.losguajares.es

PLANEA TU VIAJE

Filter by:

Iglesia de San Lorenzo

Guájar Faragüit

This church was built on the site of the old mosque in the first third of the 16th century. It is one of the few churches not affected by the Moorish war in 1568. Its design is a good example [...]

Day of Los Palmitos (Guájar Faraguit)

Guájar Faragüit

The villagers organize a romeria in honour of the Virgen de la Candelaria. They go to the field to eat the traditional palmitos.



Login

Registro | Contraseña perdida?