This house was built between 1530 and 1540 in a similar style to the other palaces in Granada from that period. It gets its name from the cannons on its battlements. The palace was part of the city wall in the Alfareros district of the town, hence its likeness to a military fortress.
Of the original building only the Torreón remains, around which the rest of the palace was built in later years. The coffered ceiling in the main room, or Cuadra Dorada, and the Plateresque doors are particularly beautiful.
In 1921 the building became the property of the state and since then it has been used as the Museo Casa de los Tiros, housing a library and a newspaper archive on subjects relating to Granada.