The ski resort of Sierra Nevada, only half an hour away from the city of Granada, is a paradise for mountain sports. It offers over 100 kilometres of slopes, with lots of snow and sunshine, as well as a fantastic slopes and après ski.
The ski resort of Sierra Nevada is located in the municipality of Monachil, a short drive from Granada.
This is the main ski resort in southern Europe, and has the most days of sunshine per year than any other. It is the perfect place to practice all your favourite winter sports.
The quality of its facilities and services, along with its lively atmosphere, make this resort a popular destination amongst snow lovers. It also attracts many international visitors, and hosts a large number of national and international ski competitions.
During the day you can enjoy a wide range of snow sports whilst at night your evening fun is guaranteed. You can enjoy night skiing, tapas, bars next to the slopes, concerts, restaurants and clubs.
The ski resort of the Sierra Nevada offers visitors a full range of services and facilities, which include:
- The Sierra Nevada Club Card: Cardholders receive a personalised and a high quality of service. This card offers its members a number of advantages including up-to date free information regarding the slopes via SMS, an e-pass and discounts on renting equipment.
- Ski slopes: The resort is divided into six areas: Veleta, Laguna de las Yeguas, Borreguiles, Loma Dílar, Parador and Rio.
- Snow Park Sulayr: The park is ideal for snowboarders and freestyle skiers, who can enjoy new obstacles in a safe environment. Activities include parallel slalom, cameras and racquet rental.
- Schools: Here you can learn to ski or to perfect your technique. You can also rent equipment.
- We also provide a practical guide for skiers with physical disabilities.
- Slopes facing: Northwest
- Minimum altitude: 2100 metres
- Maximum altitude: 3300 metres
- Vertical drop: 1200 metres
- Total length of marked pistes: 104.58 km
- Total number of pistes: 118
- Green runs (very easy): 18
- Blue runs (easy): 40
- Red runs (difficult): 52
- Black runs (very difficult): 8
- Longest piste: Pista del Águila (6.18 km)
- Cross-country tracks: 1 circuit (5.8 km with track)
- Snow produced: by 350 barrels
- Snow producing capacity: 95,000 cubic metres of water
- Slopes with artificial snow: 34
- Total km with artificial snow: 35 km
- Lifts: 22
- Gondolas: 2
- Chairlifts: 15
- Ski lifts: 1
- Conveyor belts: 2
- Total capacity of lifts: 44,033 skiers per hour
- Babysitting facilities: 2 (1 in Borreguiles, 1 in Pradollano)
- Night skiing: Saturdays from 7pm – 9.30 pm (subject to weather conditions)
- Toboggans with wheels (Tubing): 2
- Sports club: 1 (Club DeportivoMontebajo)
- Caravan parking area: 55 spaces by the Albergue Juvenil Inturjoven
- Covered car park: 2644 spaces
- Outdoor parking area: 484 spaces, by Albergue Juvenil Inturjoven, 471 spaces in Alto Rendimiento Centre and 100 spaces at km 31.