It is the main monument of interest in the town. It was built around 1530-1540 on the site of a former mosque. The church has a rectangular nave, cornicing and a stone façade.
The bell tower at the top of the nave is very interesting: it has three sections and in the lower part there is a lovely vaulted chapel. Unfortunately, this church has suffered fire damage, destruction and was subject to various restoration projects over the years. In the 1560s a new church was built in Baroque style and it contained altarpieces made by Juan de Palenque. During the Revolt of the Moriscos part of the structure was burnt down, although soon rebuilt again. During the Civil War the Baroque altarpieces disappeared and after that they were replaced by the stones from the only castle remaining in Beas de Granada.