This parish church was built by order of Diego de Santillán, Marquis of Guadalcázar. It was built in two phases, the first in the 16th century and the second in the 17th century. During Revolt of the Moriscos between 1568 and 1571 it was burnt down and had to be reconstructed.
These new works were finished in 1619. However, a century and a half later it needed to be renovated again, this time by the master craftsman José López. The most interesting and valuable pieces of the church include the Moorish panelled ceiling, several 18th-century sculptures and other painting and wood carvings.