The first church on this site was destroyed in the 1560s. The current building was rebuilt in 1766. In 1884 it was renovated as one of the walls became detached from the façade. At that time, it had a nave and a main chapel showing that the aisle is a later addition to the building.
Its nave has a rough framework, a wooden platform at the end, and a vaulted chapel that is separated off. The original nave is attached to the side of a narrower nave, connected by pillared arches. The tower is located at the far end of the church and has simple openings for the bells and is covered with a hipped roof.