This parish church is the main monument in Alhendín and is one of the churches built by the Catholic Kings after the conquest of Granada. Built on the site of a former mosque, it was first recorded in 1537, although it may have been completed before then.
It is built in Mudejar style and has a rectangular floor plan. It has a coffered ceiling and chapels on either side of the nave. Inside there is a beautiful Baroque altarpiece of great artistic value dating back to the 18th century and an impressive statue of the Virgin Mary, carved by Pedro de Mena. The artistic value of this statue has ensured that it has been included in the Catálogo General de Arte Español (General Catalogue of Spanish Art).