Round 1489, Don Enrique Enríquez, uncle of King Ferdinand, received the lands of Orce, Galera and of the Sierra de los Filabres. At the beginning of the 17th century, Don Pedro de Segura Bocanegra, was given the house in his role as general-governor.
A descendant of this man, Don Andrés de Segura Nieto, built this palace in 1655 and lived here with his family. Over time new rooms were added until all work on the house finished in 1750. In 1815, the servants quarters, annexed to the palace, was turned into an inn (posada in Spanish), which is why even today it is called the Posada de los Caños.
In 1944 the last descendants of the Segura family died. The palace was acquired two decades later by Don Cirilo Martinez Horcada. A few years after that it was divided into two halves. The western part of the house, known as La Casa de los Cirilos, was acquired by the city council in 1981. The eastern part was passed on by Don Leandro Martinez Ortiz to one of his granddaughters.
The public part of the building has been restored to create a workshop area and council offices. It can be used to host small seminars and conferences. It also houses the local tourist information office, and the Museo de Prehistoria y Paleontología (Natural Sciences Museum).