This is a permanent collection displaying pottery and other artefacts found on the site of the old Moorish castle. It also has a temporary exhibition hall.
The building that houses the museum dates back to 1738 and was built in neoclassical style. It has two floors and its façade is divided into three parts. Throughout its history it has been put to several uses, including as a town hall. Today it is used as the local museum.