The Puerto de la Ragua is dedicated to the practice of cross-country skiing and other sporting activities compatible with the surroundings. These activities coexist in harmony with their natural surroundings.
Located in the lesser-known part of the National Park, Puerto de la Ragua is a natural pass lying between the provinces of Granada and Almería.
From Puerto de la Ragua (altitude of 2000 metres), with the peaks of Chullo (2611 metres) to the east and the Morrón Sanjuanero (2602 metres) to the west, you can easily picture the Alpujarra, Almería’s beaches, the Cabo de Gata, the mountain ranges of Baza, Cazorla, Segura as well as Villas and El Marquesado.
Puerto de la Ragua offers a complete range of services and facilities including:
- Mountain cabins: for up to 32 people. It has the following facilities: WCs, showers, heating, hall, bar-restaurant, equipment hire (boots, sticks, skis, sleighs).
- Cross-country skiing tracks: 15 km in total.
- Bayárcal track: 5.5 km circular route.
- Ferreira track: 7.5 km circular route with many small diversions and detours.
- Laroles piste: 2 km linear route.
- North side of the Chullo piste: 9 km (snow permitting).
- Hornillo piste: 5 km (snow permitting).
- Warm-up track: Located along the Bayárcal track. It is made up of 21 exercise points.
- Permanent Tracks: 7 tracks of different lengths and difficulty.
- Network of footpaths:These include a section of the GR-7, the ascent to the Chullo and to the Hornillo, and to the viewpoints of the Alpujarra, Aldeire and the Laguna Seca.
- Routes and circuits: Especially created for mountain bikes.