The original building was built between 1604 and 1610. The construction of the present church began in 1704 and is a good example of Mudejar religious architecture. The 1884 earthquake seriously damaged the church, and although the possibility of relocating the church was considered, no suitable site was found. The church has a central nave and main chapel separated by a semi-circular arch. The sacristy was built at the far end, and the bell tower is situated at the other end of the main building. The walls are made of brick and rubblework.