This church was built 1530. During the War of the La Alpujarras it was burned down by the Moors, but was later repaired again. In the Spanish Civil War the church was looted and almost completely destroyed. Again, it was renovated and restored.
It has a single nave with side chapels and one separate chapel. The main entrance is on one side of the building, and at the far end the slender tower rises up with a number of bells inside it. The outside walls are whitewashed.