This monumental church, built between 1539 and 1542, has three naves. Shortly after this, its tower – that is 35 metres high with seven floors in stonework – was built. The church underwent major repair works in 1642. In 1936 the altarpiece that was in the main chapel disappeared, but many original paintings are still here. These include images of the Annunciation, Birth of Christ, La Piedad and Christ Carrying the Cross.