This chruch was built in 1616 by the priest Pedro Mercado. Later it was rebuilt in 1803 by the architect Juan de Mata Velasco. It is built in the shape of a Latin cross,has three naves, 12 altars, two towers and a vaulted presbytery.
Here there is a statue of San Patricio, the Irish saint. Legend has it that his image appeared on the nets of fishermen in the area known as “Peñón de San Patricio” near Melicena, coming from the shipwreck of a boat of Irish Catholics fleeing persecution from the English. The fishermen decided to mount the image on a mule and that wherever the mule stopped it would be the place in which San Patricio would become the patron saint. The mule stopped in Albuñol.