This civil monument dates back to the 16thcentury. It belonged to the Acosta family until the City Council converted it into the local cultural museum, the public library and exhibition hall. It is set within splendid gardens with mature trees and excellent views of the plains.
Within the grounds the Casita de los Niños is to be found, an old oil mill and a rain tank built in 1808. The rain tank is commonly known as ‘The Apricot’, taking its name from the canal from which it took its water.